We are happy to announce, that CGE Erfurt e.V. got informed about the approval for funding of “Community Goes Europe” project from the Erasmus+ Programme of the European Commission.
Globalization and its consequences have had a significant impact on all strata of European societies, giving rise to a wide-spread support of (re-)prioritizing national self-interests. Standing in solidarity, learning how to live and work together became the only path of getting out of the current crises facing the continent.
Young Europeans especially need to learn how to identify and emphasize with one another. One of the ways to do this is to experience life in a different community, while doing a voluntary service. For almost a decade, since CGE Erfurt e.V. was accreditated as sending/hosting organisation, we have noticed the impact the volunteers are bringing to enhance tolerance and establishing intercultural dialogue among young people of various backgrounds.
Therefore, in order to steam community cohesion, which will ensure stability and peace in Europe, CGE Erfurt e.V. together with its partner network has developed “Community Goes Europe: Bringing Europe Together”, a volunteering project within the Erasmus+ program, in accordance with the EU Youth Strategy 2010-2018.
To ensure the project meets its goals an experienced consortium was created, which include the following organisations:
- Rota Jovem – Associação Juvenil (Portugal);
- Associao MEDesTU (Portugal);
- Association Euroaccion Murcia (Spain);
- Asociación Cazalla Intercultural (Spain);
- Office for Initiatives Promotion (Belarus);
- NGO “Youth Education Centre “Fialta” (Belarus);
- Kharkiv Non-governmental Association for Active Youth “Stella” (Ukraine);
- Center for Dialogue and Reconciliation “Iskra” (Ukraine);
- Academy of Inovation (Russia);
- Regional Youth Public Organization For Support Of Civil Initiatives of Mari El Republic “OPORA” (Russia).
The project will give young people across Europe new opportunities to engage in solidarity activities addressing societal challenges and strengthening communities. It will also equip them with the skills and competences needed for their own personal and professional development at the beginning of their careers.
Below, you can find the project presentation with more detailed information: