Informal Evolution – About the Project
The long-term project “InFormal Evolution – integration of non-formal education approach to the formal education system for youth empowerment at the local level” is an attempt to use non-formal education as a tool for youth empowerment in order to address all the mentioned issues and to build a stable and productive trans-national co-working platform for educators coming from formal education and youth field.
This project particularly targets educators, teachers, professors, trainers, community leaders, and policymakers in the field of education that often contradict their approaches instead of working for the common goal.
NFE is almost always associated with youth work out of the curriculum and not serious. Formal education is often too frontal, too boring, and killing initiatives and critical thinking – essential skills of young people. And it seems like there is no middle. With this project, we want to bring two systems: formal and non-formal for dialogue, and building sustainable cooperation for the common aim.
• To unite efforts of youth workers coming from formal and other youth field backgrounds for youth empowerment at local level by using non-formal education;
• To develop competencies of educators in the fields of human rights education, active citizenship, global education and inter-cultural learning
• To explore diverse methodologies, approaches and tools and to adjust them to the local youth work and education practice
• To build a necessary set of competences for proficient use of NFE instruments and tools for youth empowerment at local level;
• To reflect on recognition of youth work in formal schooling
• Developing consistency of cross-sectoral and transnational cooperation for better recognition
• To provide the opportunity to assess the quality of NFE activities and youth empowerment process at local level;
• To create a network of practitioners, able to adjust diverse/creative methodologies for formal schooling and speak “the same language” with schools educators.
First Training Course – Czech Republic
Here are some snapshots from our participants’ eight days in the Czech Republic!
InFormal Evolution training course – Day 1
After ice-breakers and team-building, we discussed the integration of the non-formal education approach to the formal education system. The topics covered were the principles of non-formal education and the theories behind it. Homework for the participants is to prepare an activity using non-formal methods.
Partnership of InFormal Evolution KURO Hradec Kralove z.s. Fundacja Instytut Innowacji CGE Culture Goes Europe -Soziokulturelle Initiative Erfurt e.V. Dejavato Foundation Xavier Univeristy Vision YouthAction Better World TE IS
InFormal Evolution training course – Day 2
Our second day gave participants the opportunity to begin leading NfE sessions. The topics covered were communication, conflict management, and critical thinking. They all had an incredibly original way of doing so and we are excited to see what the other groups have prepared for us in the following days
InFormal Evolution training course – Day 3
The remaining participants delivered non-formal education sessions on the topics of communication, conflict management, and critical thinking. We ended the day with our intercultural evening. We danced, sang, and enjoyed various snacks from our international participants.
InFormal Evolution training course – Day 4
Today we explored various techniques which help at setting aims and objectives for non-formal education activities. In the second part of the day, we had the chance to explore the surroundings and visit a neighboring city.
InFormal Evolution training course – Day 5
This day was all about building skills in Non-formal Education. We all learned a lot and now we’re ready to apply that knowledge to our second round of workshops.
InFormal Evolution training course – Day 6
We started our second round of workshops on non-formal education. The topics covered were communication, conflict management, and critical thinking. Each team improved greatly after receiving feedback on their first workshop. Tomorrow we’ll have the last workshops and we can’t wait to see what these groups have prepared for us.
InFormal Evolution training course – Day 8
The last day of our training course in the Czech Republic. We all learned a lot and had loads of fun! Thanks to everyone who participated. We hope to see you all again in our second training course this spring in Germany!